A patient participation group is a selection of patients and practice staff who meet at regular intervals to decide ways of making a positive contribution to the services and facilities offered by the practice to the patients.
What is the purpose of a Patient Participation Group?
- To give practice staff and patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest in their Practice.
- To provide the means for patients to make positive suggestions about the Practice and their own healthcare.
- To encourage health education activities within the Practice.
- To develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients.
- To act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of Health and Social Care.
- To involve further patients from the wider population.
- Click here to read our PPG leaflet
- Click here to read more about our patient group
- Click here to read our PPG plan for 2021
- Click here to read our Terms of Reference
Virtual Patient Participation Group
Would you like to have your say about the services provided at Fairfield Surgery but don’t have the time to come to our meetings?
Then you may like to join our Virtual Patient Group and help us shape the future.
We are very proud of our surgery and staff and although we try to do a good job we are always looking at ways to improve our service to our patients. So we are setting up a virtual patient participation group so that you can make suggestions about the way we deliver services to our patients. We would like a wide range of our patients to take part so that the views are representative of the local population.
We would like to email you from time to time to ask your views and we would like as many patients as possible to take part – just leave us your email address and we will be in contact once or twice a year to ask you for your views and what you think is important.
More information can be found at The National Association for Patient Participation website.