For those patients requiring regular medication, a repeat prescription printout will be issued by the doctor.
The dispensary can issue medication for prescriptions to the surgery’s own patients who live more than a mile from the nearest chemist. This is a health authority ruling and it is not at the discretion of the doctor.
To qualify for this service you must complete a Rural Dispensing Application Form for all members of your family at the time of registration:
- Arrangements for patients to whom we are not allowed to dispense (i.e. those who live within 1 mile of a chemists shop) can be made as follows:
- Signed prescription can be collected from reception in person.
Prescription can be sent to a chemist of your choosing. (A stamped addressed envelope for the chemist must be supplied)
- We can post a signed prescription to you if you supply an SAE with your request.
To order repeat prescriptions
To order your repeat prescription either:
- Place your repeat prescription request in the box in main reception or through the letterbox box when the surgery is closed.
- Post to the surgery
- Order online – please follow this link to place your order online via Patient Access
Please note we cannot accept telephone requests for medication.
We require 3 clear working days in order to process your request, order and check the items before they can be dispensed to you.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.